Work Zone Safety Products
For decades, our primary goal has been to develop products that make work zones safer. The Hill & Smith lines of traffic control products variable message signs and arrow boards have long provided contractors, transportation agencies, and others with reliable and life-saving devices. More than ever, we are committed to the innovation and development of 21st century technologies that meet our customers’ needs and make work zones safe.
SMC 2000 FM ST Message Board
Full-Matrix Solar Message Center
The SMC 2000 FM St Message Board is sure to grab motorists’ attention on the road. This full-matrix board allows a combination of text and graphics preprogrammed for simple ease of use.
The SMC 2000 FM ST meets all MUTCD requirements and is manufactured with the superior quality you’ve come to know with the Work Area Protection name.
Why the SMC 2000 FM ST?
The SMC 2000 FM ST uses 5 high-intensity, solid-state LEDs per 2-inch pixel. This creates a more uniform light output in each pixel, resulting in increased message definition and distance legibility.
A user-friendly, NTCIP-compliant, dedicated computer reduces the number of keys required to program the SMC 2000 FM ST.
The continuous, full-matrix design allows the display of messages using text, graphic symbols, or both. The SMC 2000 FM ST provides 250 text, 60 graphic, and 20 arrow board display messages preprogrammed and stored in the controller. Additionally, 100 user-created messages can be programmed and stored. Graphic symbols are displayed at a standard 50-inch height and text messages are displayed using either 20″ or 28″ tall characters.
The SMC 2000 FM ST uses a durable trailer system designed to provide years of dependable service. The trailer’s high-quality powder-coat finish, 2″x 4″ 11-gauge steel frame and a 3,500-pound suspension system enhance the overall quality of the unit and with durable in-frame LED tail lights.
The entire system was developed with the operator/end user in mind. Electronic components are easily replaced, reducing downtime and maintenance costs. This modularity also improves system diagnostics. Additionally, it has state-of-the-art charge technology reduces battery overcharge incidents and comes with an on-board charger to provide option of solar or AC charging.
SMC 2000 FM ST Unit Specifications
- Raised Height — 163″ (4.14 m)
- Travel Height — 104″ (2.64 m)
- Width — 96″ (2.43 m)
- Length with tongue — 168″ (4.26 m)
- Length w/o tongue — 134″ (3.4 m)
- Weight — 1875 lbs (850.5 Kg)
- Energy Source — (6) 6-volt Deep Cycle batteries
- Generator — solar panel array — 140 Watt
- Operating Temperature Range — -20 to +120 degrees F (-29 to +49 degrees C)
- Lift Mechanism — Leak-resistant electro-hydraulic
- Main Frame — 2″ x 4″ x .120″ high-grade steel
Sign Case Specifications
- Height — 79.5″ (2.02 m)
- Width — 133″ (3.38 m)
- Character Height — 18″ (46 cm)
- Lamp — LED (5 per pixel)
- Legibility — 1000 ft (304 m)
SMC Computer Specifications
- Control Console Display: LCD
- Pre-programmed Messages: 250
- User-programmed Messages: 100
- NTCIP-compliant Software
- Update Speed: 100 Milliseconds
- Removable Solid State Design
- Off-the-shelf QWERTY keyboard
Have technical questions? Below is a document that should help, but don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you don’t find what you’re looking for.